What is Shoals Soccer Club?
Many parents new to soccer may have heard the term “club soccer”, or Shoals Soccer Club, or wonder about additional or higher level soccer playing experiences for their player. This FAQ should give you enough information to decide whether club soccer might be a good opportunity for your player.
What is club soccer?
Club soccer refers to travelling soccer teams that generally practice and play at a higher, more competitive level than local recreational leagues. Club teams require tryouts, held in June for the following fall season. Shoals Soccer Club organizes teams by age groups, starting as young as U9 (under 9 as of August 1 of the tryout year), and continuing up through U18. Following tryouts in June, practice starts in July, with games running from late August through mid November. Teams normally end their season with tournament play, either in state cup, or invitational tournaments. Depending on experience level, teams may choose to play as Division III, Division II, or Division I (elite level)
To promote and develop youth through the game of soccer, creating good sportsmanship and leaders regardless of age, skill, or gender.
Our philosophy at Shoals Soccer Club is based on these 8 principles:
1. Players must honor the club and be committed to the learning experience.
2. Safe, open learning environment
3. Programs that are challenging but achievable for players
4. Every child will have the opportunity to experience success
5. Balance between hard work and having fun
6. Active Learning
7. Partnerships with players, parents, schools, community, and other associations
8. Have FUN!!!!